Is your phone gallery full of junk WhatsApp files? We receive and send many memes, greeting messages, photos and videos on WhatsApp every day.
By default, WhatsApp will download all the media files on your phone automatically. These media files can take up to hundreds of MB of space on your phone and cause performance issues.
It is a long task to manually clean WhatsApp junk files. We created this tutorial to help you delete photos, videos and other unnecessary files from WhatsApp automatically at regular intervals. Let’s start!.
How to delete WhatsApp media files automatically:
There is an app available on the Google Play Store called «WhatsApp Cleaner -> See». This application allows you to delete all WhatsApp media files (photos, videos, audios, gifs, documents, etc.) and databases automatically. You can schedule the time or set a storage limit when you want to delete the data.
This step-by-step guide shows you how to delete WhatsApp media files automatically or manually.
- First, download and install the WhatsApp Cleaner app on your Android phone.
- Once you open the app, it will calculate and display the amount of data you you use WhatsApp and how many files there are.
- To delete all WhatsApp data, select all categories and touch the “Clear selected data” button. This app works as a gallery app for WhatsApp. You can find received, sent and duplicate files through categories and delete them manually.
- To configure automatic deletion, tap the menu button (three dots in the upper right corner) and click the “Settings” option.
- Now click on the “Auto Media Cleanup” option and then turn on the “Enable Auto Cleanup” button.
There are two methods for automatic cleanup: regular interval and storage limit.
You can select the types of files you want to delete and choose the time interval or set a storage limit when you want to clean WhatsApp junk files automatically.