Every day a copy of all the messages of all your conversations is made at 4 a.m. This copy is saved in a folder called “Databases” on your Android device. You can recover them as long as they enter within a period of time of up to 7 days. If the messages are 8 or more days ago, it´s more difficult but not impossible.
Let’s do it!
Set up your Wasap on Android to make a backup. In order to recover your deleted messages you will need to have a backup copy and for this you must configure your Wasap.
Do as follows:
- Access WhatsApp.
- Next, click on the three points that appear in the upper right corner.
- Then click on “Settings”.
- Click on “Chats”.
- Click on “Backup” and then “Save”. The backup will be made instantly.
Here you can also access the “Settings of Google Drive”, being able to link your Gmail account to Google Drive and save your conversations. Select the option to save only when you are connected to a WiFi network, to not spend too much of your mobile data. In addition, you have different time intervals to choose when you want the backup to be done:
- Only when I click “Save”
Recover recently deleted messages from Wasap is very simple:
- Remove Wasap from your mobile.
- Download and install it again.
- Next, open the Wasap and here you can restore the message history. How? Click on the “Restore” option.
- You will have your messages recovered. Keep in mind that if a message does not appear, it´s because they have been deleted since more than seven days.
How can I recover deleted messages from older WhatsApp?
This process is a bit more complex and has its risks, since you could eliminate your most recent messages.
- Copy the content in the Wasap/Databases folder. This folder can be found in the internal or external memory of your terminal, depending on how you have configured it. We recommend accessing it from the file manager, it´s usually in tools.
- Once the folder is copied, paste it into a folder that you create on your computer.
- Then uninstall Wasap and open the folder you created on your computer.
- Once inside, delete the file named “msgstore.db.crypt7” or “msgstore.db.crypt8”.
- Select the backup you want to recover and change the name: “msgstore-Year-Month-Day.1.db.crypt7” to “msgstore.db.crypt7”.
- Download and install Wasap again but do not open it.
- Connect your mobile to your computer and copy the file msgstore.db.crypt7 “Wasap/Databases” on your phone.
- Once this is done you can open the application and when you click on “Restore” you will see all your old messages.