You do not need a SIM card to create a new account in WhatsApp, you can do it through a virtual phone number.
The registration of a new account in WhatsApp is done through a phone number. For this reason, you may think that you do need a SIM card to create a new account on the messaging platform, but this is not exactly the case. As you will know in this guide, there is the possibility of creating a virtual number for WhatsApp.
If you already use WhatsApp on your phone, there is no problem, because you can have two WhatsApp accounts on the same mobile. Without further ado, we will explain step by step how you can create a virtual number to use on WhatsApp.
There are numerous apps in the Play Store and web pages dedicated to offering virtual numbers, although for the realization of this guide we have opted for “Hushed -> See“ Developed by AffinityClick Inc., which you can download for free from the Google application store.
To create a virtual number for WhatsApp with this app, the first thing you should do is download it and register for its service. Next, you will have to accept the permissions to give it access to the microphone, multimedia content and files and to make and manage calls.
Once this first phase is finished, you must follow the following steps:
- On the Hushed home page, click on the “Get new number” button.
- Select the country from which you want to obtain the virtual number. Below each of them you can see the services it has: voice, SMS and / or MMS. In our case, we have chosen the United States because it has all three functions.
- Now you must choose what type of virtual number you want to use: Toll-free or Cellular. Again, we have opted for the one that offers the three services, Cellular.
- Continue configuring your new virtual number by selecting the region of the country, which will influence the prefix of the number that you will finally get. In this case we have chosen Florida.
- Once the region is selected, the most important step comes: select your virtual number from among all those that appear in the list.
- The final step is to select the subscription plan that will allow you to keep your Hushed virtual number working. The cost is not very high, since for $ 3.99 you can get the virtual number and register for the new WhatsApp.
* In order to install/duplicate another WhatsApp account on the same phone, we recommend reading the following article: https://tipswasap.com/wasap-x2 you can use the new virtual number in the second duplicate account.
The time has come to go to WhatsApp, where you will have to proceed to register with that virtual number.
After entering the number to register, WhatsApp will send you an SMS with the verification code, a message that you can find in the Hushed app. If the SMS does not arrive, wait to receive a voice call “also through Hushed” in which you will be able to listen to said code to confirm your new WhatsApp account.
From that moment, you can already use the messaging platform with your virtual number.