With this simple WhatsApp option, available in the Spanish version of the app, you can automatically know who has written to you without having to pick up the phone.
Although few know it but this option has been around for a long time, there is a function available in WhatsApp that allows us to know who has written to us without even having to look at the phone. Activating it is quick and quite simple.
The secret to achieve this is to take advantage of the fact that WhatsApp allows the customization of notifications. In this way, your mobile can emit a different sound depending on the contact that has sent you the message.
In the case of having an Android smartphone you will have to do the following:
- Open WhatsApp and enter the conversation of the person in question.
- Click on the name of the contact and once in their profile click on “Customize notifications”.
- Turn on the check mark for “Custom notifications”.
- Go to the “Notification tone” section, from where you can choose a specific sound for when that person sends you a message.
- From this configuration we can also change other aspects, such as the type of vibration of the phone or the light that the mobile emits when receiving messages from the selected contact.
And on iPhone?
The process on iPhone is quite similar. These are the steps to follow:
- Open WhatsApp and enter the conversation of the person whose notifications you want to customize.
- Within the chat with that person, click on their name, then scroll down until you see the option to “Custom Ringtone”.
- Then choose the sound you want your phone to make when you receive a message from that contact and click “Save”.
Following this method, we can identify our important contacts with a certain sound, allowing us to know who is writing to us just by listening to the phone.
Of course, doing it with hundreds of contacts can be tedious and unproductive, but it can be an interesting way to identify the people we talk to on a daily basis.